If a homeowner intends to keep his yard trimmed, the best chainsaw for clearing land may be one of the essential gear for him. A good chainsaw for clearing land can make pruning jobs easier for a person. All chainsaws are not equally effective for all purposes, and there are various factors to consider before purchasing this apparatus.
If you intend to buy the best all around chainsaw,you must consider your purposes and requirements. Also, you should know where are chainsaw made and what the history of chainsaws is. It has a long history. Chainsaw invented for childbirth was in 1780by two doctors to remove the pelvic bone without any hassle. Nowadays, we use it to cut trees and logs.
However, for light use like pruning trees, the length of the bar may be under 14 inches. Moreover, you may need a 16 to 18-inch bar for moderate use like cutting. On the other hand, a 20-inch cutting bar is perfect for frequent use and large jobs like cutting a massive log.
All-around Chainsaw Comparison Table
Here is a comparison table indicating features of different kinds of chainsaws to compare chainsaw brands. After reviewing, you can understand their characteristics and the best chainsaw ever made.
|Remington RM4214 Chainsaw
|This kind of chainsaw is the best all around gas chainsaw. It is cheaper than most other gas chainsaws. Besides, it has an automatic oiler system. This chainsaw contains a bar and chainhttps://nextsaw.com/best-20-inche-professional-chainsaw/https://nextsaw.com/best-grease-for-chainsaw-bar/ of 14 inches. Experts consider it the best all around professional chainsaw according to these features.
|Husqvarna 440e II Chainsaw
|This chainsaw is considered the best all around Husqurvana chainsaw.This gas chainsaw model is more potent than other gas chainsaws.It also has an automatic oiler system.This chainsaw contains a bar and chain of 16 inches.
|Greenworks CS40L210 Chainsaw
|This chainsaw runs on batteries and provides excellent features.The cutting time is 40 minutes. Its oiler system is also automatic.This chainsaw has a chain and a 14-inch bar.
|Dewalt DCCS690M1 Chainsaw
|We consider this chainsaw the best battery chainsaw for all kinds of cutting activities.Moreover, the cutting time is 60 minutes.Its oiler system is automatic.This chainsaw has a chain and a 16-inch bar.
|Greenworks 2023 Chainsaw
|Greenworks 2023 chainsaw is the cheapest chainsaw model.It uses the Corded Electric as power.Its oiler system is also automatic.This chainsaw has a chain and a 14-inch bar.
|Remington RM1645 Chainsaw
|Remington RM1645 is considered the most versatile electric chainsaw.It uses the Corded Electric as power.Besides, it has an automatic oiler system.This chainsaw has a chain and a 16-inch bar.
Generally, the bar size of a chainsaw must be a minimum of two inches longer than the object’s diameter. The item can be a tree or a branch of a tree. We can consider an example. Suppose the diameter or thickness of an object is 12 inches. In this case, the chainsaw should have at least a 14-inch bar for smooth cutting.
5 Best All-around Chainsaw Available On Market
We have recommended here five of the best chainsaws of all time.
1. Greenworks 10.5 Amp 14-Inch Corded Chainsaw 20232
The features and advantages of using the Greenworks corded chainsaw are here.
- Firstly, this chainsaw uses a 10.5 amp to run its motor.
- It offers a tool less chain and can adjust fast.
- Besides, this saw has a handle with a wrapping facility.
- It has an auto-oiler lubrication system.
- Finally, it uses Corded Electric as the power source.
- Sunrise Global Marketing, LLC manufactures Greenworks 10.5 Amp 14-inch chainsaw.
- Its price is $75.62.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 8 pounds.
- Product dimension is 33.75 x 10 x 7.75 inches.
- China is its country of origin.
- Corded Electric is the power source of this chainsaw.
- This chainsaw has a motor using 10.5 Amp.
- Firstly, its handle offers less usage.
- This chainsaw has an excellent braking mechanism.
- The user can work fast with this all-around chainsaw.
- Finally, its auto-oiler system provides better lubrication for the best performance.
- Its tensioner is not up to the mark.
2. Husqvarna 16 Inch 440E II Gas Chainsaw
Some essential features and advantages of the Husqvarna 16 inch 440E II gas chainsaw are here.
- Firstly, this chainsaw has an x-force bar and an x-cut chain, and these features have made this chainsaw light and efficient.
- Homeowners find it a reliable and straightforward chainsaw because of its all-around performance.
- It has a 16-inch guide bar.
- The idling speed of this all-around chainsaw is 2900 rpm.
- Besides, it is safe to operate as it has a 2-cycle engine and provides a chain brake with activated inertia.
- The user has to buy the chain and bar oil separately.
- It also has a fast-release air filter that offers easy replacement and cleaning facilities.
- Its chain tensioning system is side-mounted.
- Finally, the oiler system of this chainsaw is automatic.
- Husqvarna is the chainsaw manufacturer of the Husqvarna 16 inch 440E II gas chainsaw.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 9.8 pounds.
- The product dimension is 37 x 9 x 11 inches.
- This chainsaw is powered by gas.
- This chainsaw uses 2.4 HP.
- First of all, it is simple to replace.
- Easy to clean.
- Reliable and unpretentious for the homeowners.
- Besides, an inertial-activated chain brake provides extra safety during its operation.
- The chain adjustment process is fast for this chainsaw.
- Some users find this chainsaw quite complicated to start.
3. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
Here are the features and advantages of using the Dewalt 20V Max XR chainsaw.
- Firstly, the Dewalt 20V Max XR chainsaw is a cordless chainsaw and has a chain and a 12-inch bar with a low kickback facility.
- It is suitable for outdoor cutting and construction.
- This chainsaw is light and compact.
- Besides, it is a battery-powered chainsaw.
- Its motor is brushless and highly efficient.
- This all-around chainsaw can cut up to 90 times per charge.
- Finally, its chain tensioning is tool-free.
- Dewalt manufactures the Dewalt 20V Max XR chainsaw.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 8.8 pounds.
- The product dimension is 25 x 9 x 9 inches.
- This chainsaw requires a Li-ion battery.
- Firstly, it offers little kickback.
- Suitable for outdoor cutting.
- Compact and light in weight.
- It has a highly efficient brushless motor.
- Finally, the user can effortlessly use this chainsaw for construction purposes.
- Some users have some complaints about the customer service of this company.
4. Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw
Here are the features and advantages of the Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS Gas-powered chainsaw.
- Firstly, the Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS Gas-powered chainsaw has an engine with high output.
- It has low kickback chain cuts and a premium bar whose size is 14 inches.
- It is light and easy to handle.
- Besides, this chainsaw has a polymer chassis that offers prolonged usage and reliable performance.
- Its oiler system is automatic and adjustable.
- This all-around chainsaw uses quickstart technology that offers a smooth and fast start, and it is the easiest chainsaw to start. Finally, the users find this kind of chainsaw comfortable to use.
- MTD Products manufactures the Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS Gas-powered chainsaw.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 15.22 pounds.
- The product dimension is 27.5 x 9.75 x 11.25 inches.
- This chainsaw is powered by gas.
- Its engine offers higher output.
- This chainsaw provides little kickback.
- Besides, it provides an adjustable and automatic oiler system.
- This gear is user-friendly.
- Most importantly, the user can start and operate it fast.
- Sometimes, vapor gets locked after using it several times.
5. Greenworks 40V 14-Inch Brushless Cordless Chainsaw
The key features with pros and cons of the Greenworks brushless cordless chainsaw are highlighted below.
- Firstly, the Greenworks brushless cordless chainsaw can perform 60 cuts on a single charge.
- It has a chain and a 14-inch bar that can cut up to 60 times per charge.
- This all-around chainsaw uses a battery of 2.0 Ah.
- The manufacturer gives the guarantee of a smooth start every time.
- Besides, its chain-tensioning is side-mounted.
- Its oiler system is automatic and provides longer lubrication in the chain.
- Finally, this chainsaw is safe to use and riskless because of the handguard.
- Sunrise Global Marketing, LLC manufactures the Greenworks brushless cordless chainsaw.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 9.8 pounds.
- The product dimension is 29 x 9 x 8.75 inches.
- The USA is the origin of this chainsaw.
- 1 Li-ion batteries power this chainsaw.
- Firstly, this chainsaw starts smoothly.
- It does not choke or pull or prime.
- Its side-mounted chain tensioning provides better chain maintenance.
- It offers an automatic oiler system to provide better lubrication.
- Last but not least, this chainsaw is safe and riskless to use.
- Sometimes, the chain comes off, which has to be fixed.
Best All-around Chainsaw Buying Guide
Here is the buying guide that can lead you to choose the best all around chainsaw for your works.
Before buying the gear, think about your purpose. Then match the features with your requirements and look for the price. For light trimming, an electric saw is the most fabulous choice, and a gas chainsaw is the best choice for a medium or large-sized tree.
Remember that you must choose the most suitable chainsaw for the best performance. However, bigger does not mean the best gear, and go through the specifications and match your requirements.
Generally, the size of the engine of a gasoline chainsaw is measured in cubic centimeters. On the other hand, we measure the power of the electric chainsaw motor in Amps. Generally, the chainsaws have motors of eight to fifteen Amps.
On the other hand, a more significant number denotes greater power for the gas-powered chainsaws. Besides, the battery-powered chainsaws use Li-ion batteries, and they are rechargeable. And however, they last for two to three years.
You may measure a chainsaw guide bar’s size from its tip up to the point of coming out of the saw. However, the size denotes the bar’s original length, and the range of its length is from 6 inches to 42 inches. You should select according to the diameter of your cutting object.
The chain pitch denotes the closeness of the links on the chain. Generally, most chain pitches are 0.25-inch, 0.325 to 0.375-inch, and 0.404-inch. Besides, the chain gauge represents the thickness of the drive link of the chainsaw chain.
In general, people become confused about selecting chainsaws based on the chain. According to experts and reviewers, the Oregon S62 AdvanceCut 18-Inch chainsaw has the best all around chainsaw chain for Hardwood 2021.
Generally, branded products are of the best quality and are reliable. Brands like Stihl, Echo, and Husqvarna are the most renowned globally, and the Husqvarna 120 Mark II chainsaw is the best chainsaw for limbing.
Moreover, Stihl gas chainsaw MS 180 C-BE is the best all around Stihl chainsaw to use at home. Stihl MS 362 is considered the best all around chainsaw for firewood. On the other hand, reviewers consider Stihl MS 881 as the fastest chainsaw in the world.
However, do not be a slave to the brands. You may also find better products in non-branded companies. But, you have to verify their quality with the branded products. This article may lead you to be alert about the reliability and quality of various chainsaws.
Sometimes, using a chainsaw becomes hazardous and may risk the user’s life. Therefore, he should remain alert and careful while using the chainsaw. He can watch some videos on safety on YouTube.
Generally, price is vital to buy any goods, and a high price does not mean that the product will be good. You have to make a budget and requirements about the chainsaw. Then visit different marketplaces to decide.
After going through this article, you may get a vast idea about different products, facilities, and pros and cons. If your budget is below $200, you can buy a chainsaw for part-time working at the house.
Nowadays, chainsaws have some excellent features that attract users a lot. These features are here,
- Special starting features for gas-powered saw reduce the effort and pull force.
- Automatic oiler
- Guide bars with sprocket tips
- Heated handle
- Side-mounted tension adjustment
- Vibration dampening system
- Heated carburetors
- A carry case
Generally, a warranty is one of the essential aspects of any product, and its importance increases with the increment of price. Manufacturers have to be concerned about the assurance and value of their products.
However, customers do not like to spend money again on a new product. So, they expect a warranty. So, before purchasing a chainsaw, look for its assurance. Generally, it is a common aspect of branded products.
A chainsaw is a device or apparatus that has made our daily life easy and comfortable. However, it becomes dangerous and risks our life if we are not concerned about its use, and we must handle it carefully and adequately.
The new users have to be more careful during their first use. In this phase of the article, we will outline some beginners’ tips and follow these tips accordingly.
A new user should use a chainsaw if he is confident of using it. Otherwise, he should not use it without others’ help or training. If you think it is much harder to handle a chainsaw, ask a professional to lead and help you.
We suggest using light and a simple chainsaw for your household works if you are a beginner. Besides, these chainsaws are appropriate for cutting purposes in the garden.
The Husqvarna 120E Mark II is one of the best reliable and impeccable all-around chainsaws. This chainsaw is perfect for homeowners who have no experience in cutting, and it is the epitome of cutting firewood.
Moreover, if your job is more complicated and demanding, you will need a more powerful all-around chainsaw. The Husqvarna 445 e-series is a mighty chainsaw that starts fast, and users can handle it effortlessly.
Before switching on the engine and starting cutting, you have to check the condition of the chainsaw whether it is perfect to use or not. Some aspects are given below to check before starting operation.
- The lubrication of all the parts should be perfect.
- The chain should have ideal tension.
- The teeth of the chainsaw should be possibly sharp.
- The placement of all the safety equipment and devices should be appropriate.
- Any loose bolts or parts should not be allowed.
According to the experts, there are two safe ways to start and operate a chainsaw. The user can place the gear on the floor or put the chainsaw between his legs.
For a perfect start, you have to check some things. They are,
- Firstly, make sure the activation of the chain brake.
- If available, try to activate the decompression control.
- After that, start the choke.
- Then, put the right foot on its back handle. After that, use your left hand to hold the front handle.
- Next, use your right hand to pull the starter handle. Do it until the engine starts firing.
- After that, push and pull the choke until the saw starts to operate.
- Finally, you may discharge the chain brake.
Never hold the chainsaw with a single hand. Always grip it with your hands and keep it near your body to balance. Moreover, you must not change your position or adjust the gear while running. Stop it and change your place.
Only remaining careful is not enough to avoid accidents. It would help if you used some safety equipment. They are,
- Protective clothing
- Visual protection.
- Protective helmet
- Protective boots.
- Ear protection.
To avoid any nasty accidents, you must think about your whole purpose and operation before starting. Make a plan for the entire process. Do not cut any other material except wood. Besides, stay alert of the procedure the whole time. When you become tired or feel pain, do not continue. Switch off the gear, take a rest, and also give the apparatus some rest.
How big a chainsaw do I need?
Before purchasing a chainsaw, you have to select the most appropriate chainsaw according to your requirements and purposes. The chainsaw should have a bar that is two inches longer than the diameter of the cutting object. For instance, you should buy a chainsaw with a 10 inches bar if your cutting object has a diameter of 8 inches.
What size chainsaw for cutting trees?
The all around chainsaw size refers to the size of its bar. So, you have to know what should be the best all around chainsaw bar length. Generally, the bar size must be 2 inches longer than the cutting object. For example, you have to cut a log 14 inches in diameter. In this case, you must use a chainsaw with a 16-inch bar.
Is a 14 inch chainsaw big enough?
The purpose of a chainsaw is to perform some small works like general pruning work or trimming small branches for a casual home user. In this case, the user can use a less powerful chainsaw having a small bar, and a 14-inch bar is enough for these purposes.
This article provides a clear idea of chainsaws according to their purposes and the original use of a chainsaw. The target of this article is to help you select the best all around chainsaw according to your determination.
The different chainsaw has different features and is applicable for various purposes. Therefore, it is not easy to decide which one is the best all around chainsaw ever made. Go through different marketplaces, and analyze the features, pros, and cons of different kinds of chainsaws.