While saws are quite useful in cutting all types of materials, not all saws are suitable for construction works. Especially, if you are remodeling or demolishing a structure, the reciprocating saw is the ideal tool for such works. Since a portable tool always works better for cutting tasks, you need the best cordless reciprocating saw for the finest result.
However, it is not uncommon to get confused between what you should, or what you shouldn’t buy among those vast pools of brands. Hence, we have arranged this buying guide to find you the most suitable cordless sabre saw out there.
But if you still want to know, what is the best cordless reciprocating saw according to us, the DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Reciprocating Saw Kit would be our confident pick. From the price to performance, this one can easily beat the others.
Now, let’s go and check all the listed cordless reciprocating saw reviews!
List Of Our Favorites Cordless Reciprocating Saw
7 Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw Reviews
#1.DEWALT Cordless Reciprocating Saw Kit–Best DeWalt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Dewalt has always been a reliable name for manufacturing quality reciprocating saw. However, among all those models, the DCS387P1 can easily be called the best reciprocating saw cordless for its sheer quality and powerful performance.
- Powerful Motor: The DEWALT DCS387P1 has a powerful 5 AMP motor that allows you to cut across different materials smoothly. The compact design of this saw is very convenient when it comes to operating without any hassle. With a weight of 7 pounds, you can carry it around anywhere.
- 4-Position Blade Clamp: Unlike most recip saws, this one comes with a 4-position blade clamp instead of two. With the help of this feature, you can cut in different directions without changing the saw position. It even helps you to do the flush cuttings effortlessly.
- Variable Speed Trigger: The variable speed control setting of this saw can be customized whenever you need it to be. The speed ranges from 0-2900 strokes per minute, making it a robust and heavy-duty performer. Simply move the speed trigger and set the speed setting according to the material type.
- LED Light: The LED light of this saw helps you cut through objects even if you are working in a dark place. Moreover, the DCS387P1 can fit anywhere and cut easily through any narrow space.
#2.SnapFresh Cordless Reciprocating Saw–Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw with Battery and Charger
If you are looking for the most lightweight reciprocating saw in this buying guide, the SnapFresh cordless reciprocating saw is the answer for you. This budget-friendly saw is strong and powerful enough for an efficient cutting experience.
- Adjustable Speed: The ultra-light reciprocating saw comes with a speed range of 0-3000 SPM for quick cutting. Select the speed range you want and start cutting with full control. You can easily set up this reciprocating saw by simply inserting the blade, followed by battery installation.
- Multipurpose: This SnapFresh cordless reciprocating saw has multiple blades with different lengths to meet all your demand. With this complete toolset, you can use these blades on metal or wood without any extra accessories.
- Long-lasting Battery: With the lithium-ion battery and a quick charger, charge this reciprocating saw in an hour. The battery level will indicate when you need to charge the saw again. The ergonomic design of this reciprocating saw will save you from fatigue as well. The silicone handle decreases vibration rate, which means you can work with it for a long time.
- Safety Design: The auto-lock clamp system makes sure you can safely replace the blade by hands with some simple steps. The protection function will prevent the recip saw from unplanned opening, so it won’t start unless you push the lock button and speed switch.
#3.HYCHIKA Cordless Reciprocating Saw–Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw For Pruning
If you need a small cordless reciprocating saw for doing some simple wood cutting work, this Hychika cordless reciprocating saw is the most suitable option for you.
- Portable: This handy cordless reciprocating saw has a powerful motor with a compact design, which you can use for cutting metal, wood, PVC, pruning trees, etc. This sleek-looking compact saw is portable, and you can hold it for a long time without any problem.
- Quick Blade Change: Turn on the latch close to the cordless Sawzall front and change the blades quickly. This is a safe process, hence, you won’t be needing any extra accessories for this. You can adjust the blade’s cutting position by using the 4-depth adjustable clamp.
- High-Quality Motor: Made with high-end materials, the quality motor of this reciprocating saw can provide up to 3000 SPM. Depending on the materials, you can adjust the speed accordingly. The rubber grip and body of this saw helps to decrease the vibration rate as well.
- Dual Batteries: For an uninterrupted cutting session, the dual batteries ensure you can use this saw for a long time. You can charge the drained batteries fully within just an hour. The LED indicator will keep showing you the battery status, so you would know when to recharge them.
Our next entry in this cordless reciprocating saw reviews is none other than the Kimo brushless reciprocating saw. From cutting to demolishing a wide variety of materials, this saw can do all your work successfully.
- Brushless Motor: The Kimo brushless motor has 2.5 times more runtime with enhanced performance. With the 1 inch stroke length and a variable speed range between 0-3000 SPM, you can easily remove any material with fast strokes.
- Versatility: You get 8 different sized blades to complete your cutting session. The tool-less blade change system allows you to change the blades for different materials like wood, ceramic, plastic, PVC pipe, tree limbs, etc.
- Anti-Vibration Handle: This reciprocating saw weighs 20% less than most saws in the market. Hence, you can move it conveniently and work for a long time without exhaustion. The compact size causes less vibration and makes it easier to operate in closed areas. The anti-vibration handle helps you to work tirelessly without any discomfort.
- Durable Battery: The Kimo reciprocating saw has a lithium-ion battery to ensure lasting performance. The rapid charger takes only 60 minutes to charge the 4.0 Ah battery up, so no need to worry about any interruption in mid-operation. The double protection switch will stop the saw from accidental startup.
#5.PowerSmart Cordless Reciprocating Saw–Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw with Battery
If you want a quality saw but don’t want to spend extra money on it, our next entry is the perfect choice for you. With an incredible price tag, the PS76415A by PowerSmart is the cheap cordless reciprocating saw you need in your workstation now!
- Versatile: This reciprocating saw has a robust 1.5Ah Lithium-ion battery that can precisely cut different arrays of materials. This one is most suitable for medium to light-duty works like cutting wood logs, sheets, PVC pipes, cast iron pipes, pallets, etc.
- Precision Cut: The 20V battery has a range of 0-3000 strokes per minute, allowing you to make those precision cuts without any error. The fast charger can recharge the battery within an hour. So, you can have a continuous cutting session. The power indicator will inform you about the battery status and when you need to recharge it.
- Simple Lock-On Feature: Rather than pressing the trigger switch constantly, you can use the lock-on button to pause the speed of this reciprocating saw. The ergonomic rubber handle provides you comfort when you are working with the saw.
- Quick Blade change: This saw comes with two separate blades for woods and metals. The blade replacement doesn’t require any extra tool for support. You can conveniently swap the blade whenever it is necessary.
The Galax pro reciprocating saw is fast and efficient when it comes to slicing different materials. Starting from the low price to the quality features of this reciprocating saw, it never fails to amaze the users with its stable performance.
- Powerful cooling function: The more you use a reciprocating saw, the more the motor wears out. To prevent the early breakdown of the saw motor, the air inlet of this reciprocating saw helps to reduce the temperature. The saw can make up to 3000 strokes per minute, which means you can quickly cut through thick woods, metals, and concretes.
- Flexible Speed Options: With the powerful motor, this reciprocal saw also has some helpful functions. From fiberglass to masonry, the variable speed switch helps you to cut all types of materials. Once you press the lock-on button, it will make sure the saw stops working.
- Led Indicator: The LED power indicator will show you the battery status. Hence, you would always know when it’s time to recharge the battery. When necessary, you can change the blades without any extra accessories as well.
- Ergonomic Structure: The handle of this recip saw is made of rubber materials. Hence, you won’t feel any physical stress during those long-term cutting sessions. Suitable for either-handed people, this also provides you extra control and less vibration.
The last one in this list of the best cordless reciprocating saw is the Tacklife reciprocating saw, which is quite known for its aggressive and precision cutting.
- Special Orbital Action: The TACKLIFE RES004 has a unique orbital action feature that improves cutting efficiency while tightening the cutting speed. The blade changing process can be controlled by a lever, allowing you to swap the blades with no additional means.
- 20V Battery: With the 20V battery and robust motor, you can quickly cut through metals or woods with the most control. Keep an eye on the indicator to know when you need to charge the battery.
- Flexible Speed & Safety Features: The changeable speed trigger can be fixed anywhere between 0-3000 SPM. You can increase or decrease the stroke speed depending on what material you are cutting. To prevent accidents, the safety button makes sure no unexpected start-ups occur.
- 2 Saw Blades: This package comes with two saw blades for metals and woods, allowing you to efficiently cut different project materials like tree limbs, thin steel, plastic, PVC pipe, aluminum, etc. Besides, you can adjust the footplate from 0-10 degrees to adjust the cutting length.
How To Choose The Best Cordless Reciprocation Saw?
Picking the best cordless reciprocating saw is not a simple task. Your wrong choice can ruin your investment if you don’t check some essential aspects beforehand.
A manually handled saw should be lightweight and easy to handle. If your reciprocating saw weighs more than you can manage to control it, your work will be more complicated and dangerous. Hence, you have to check the weight of the saw before you decide to buy one.
You have to operate a reciprocating saw fully using your hands and also have to carry around the workstation. The weight of the saw can be a critical issue in such work. You wouldn’t want to feel the ache in your hand for just holding the Sawzall. Check the weight of the saw to make sure you can manage it.
If you are working in a big construction zone, you need to continuously move from one spot to another to cover all the parts. It means, throughout the session, you have to carry your reciprocating saw as well. In such situations, you can move the cordless ones easily without thinking about the power source.
However, the corded reciprocating saw weighs lighter than most cordless recip saw as extra batteries add extra weight to the body. Hence, think and choose your reciprocating saw wisely.
The mechanism of a reciprocating saw is just as the name suggests. You have to push and pull the blade through the object. During the operation, the saw usually produces lots of bouncy effects. Each time you drive the saw on the front side, a backward force is produced as a reaction.
This can cause the saw to vibrate while it is still running, which ultimately affects the accuracy of the cuts. To avoid such inconvenience, buy a reciprocating saw that comes with a vibration control feature.
You can use your reciprocating saw to cut different varieties of materials. However, each material requires a different speed from the saw to cut through. Wooden objects need high speed, and cutting the metal would need slow speed.
You won’t get the best result if you don’t use the specific speed. Having a speed setting of various ranges can make your task much easy. That way, you can do all your cutting work with just a single reciprocating saw.
Easy Blade Replacement
It’s a natural thing for blades to wear out with time. Once deteriorated, you have to change the blades of your reciprocating saw as well. Look for a saw that has an easy system to change the blades. Try to avoid the ones that require extra tools for blade replacement.
Longer strokes mean the cutting will be faster. Shorter strokes are slower, but better for plunge cuts in case there is no start hole for the blade to pass through. Generally, the stroke length can be between ¾ inch and 1- ¼ inch. These days, many models have an adjustable stroke length that you can set according to your work.
This might seem non-significant to many, but it is an important feature that you should consider. Metal or hard plastic grip will cause you physical discomfort when you are running a reciprocating saw for a long time. A cushioned grip will provide you more comfort for sure.
Make sure the saw blades of that particular reciprocating saw are available for your purchase. The blades can be of different pitch and lengths. Saw blades with fine-tooth make the smooth and precise cut on metals, whereas coarse blades are perfect for making rough cuts on softer materials.
This feature is important for the safety and life-span of the reciprocating saw. Once you cut the saw power, rather than slowly stopping the blades, the auto-stop brushes will instantly halt the blade. Besides, the saw will stop working when the brushes start to break down. Thus, protecting the motor from potential damages.
Cordless Reciprocating Saw With Battery And Charger
A Reciprocating saw is one type of handheld saw that you have to push and pull during the cutting operation. The recipsaw can be of two categories, cordless and corded. With a corded reciprocating saw, you get a cable to connect it with the power base. A cordless one doesn’t need such accessories.
The cordless reciprocating saw is a powerful weapon for both destruction or reconstruction. Anyone can use it for their cutwork, be it a beginner or an expert. These sorts of saws are usually used for tasks like woodwork, pipe-cutting, etc. They use lithium-ion batteries to draw energy instead of don’t cable.
However, batteries have a limited runtime and have to be charged regularly. This point can be a drawback since you can not use the reciprocating saw for an unlimited time. But the concept of using this saw without a cable is a big advantage for workers. Moreover, you can take it anywhere for your convenience.
Of course, you can not expect the cordless reciprocating saw to exhibit the same power as the corded one. Because a battery can never deliver the power you can get from a direct electricity source. It means you can not cut all the materials with it. Hence, cordless reciprocating saws are better to do light to medium sawing jobs.
Should I Buy A Corded Or Cordless Reciprocating Saw?
The discussion on which one is the best regarding the cordless or corded one is an old topic. While some saw users find the recip saw cordless more convenient and easier to handle, some feel the old-fashioned cable ones are still better. However, if you give it deep thought and analyze the pros and cons, you will get your answer.
Both corded and cordless reciprocating saw are powerful enough to give a solid performance. But the main question is where you are going to use it. If you are working in a place where you have no power supply, you have no other option than using a cordless reciprocating saw.
If the material is rock solid and hard to cut, the cordless recip saw will not be able to break it. Cordless ones can be a good choice for a beginner, while the corded ones are better to be used by a professional one. You can use the corded Sawzall on a variety of materials, whereas the cordless ones are better for comparatively lighter works.
Hence, you have to figure out your task type first. If you are a professional who wants to cut different types of materials with an unstoppable runtime, you should go for the corded reciprocating saw. And if you are a novice and want a saw for some simple DIY projects or small-scaled cutwork, choose a cordless one.
See More:-Circular saw vs jigsaw vs reciprocating saw-Which Should a DIYer Buy First?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are cordless tools as powerful as corded?
When we are talking about corded or cordless tools, remember each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Cordless tools are undoubtedly the better option when it comes to portability and maneuverability. But you only get the power until the battery runs out. However, a corded power tool can produce more torque than a cordless one.
Hence, in terms of stable performance, uninterrupted power supply, and energy production, cordless tools are more powerful than corded tools.
How do I choose a reciprocating saw blade?
Choosing the correct reciprocating saw blade is quite essential for the accuracy of your work. A dull or wrong saw blade not only can make blunders but also can gravely injure you! If you want a long-lasting saw that can cut precisely with speed, you need to compare all the available reciprocating saws to choose the best one.
You should definitely check the blade length, the number of teeth, tooth materials, blade materials, blade thickness, etc. to make sure you are buying the right one for you.
What are the best cordless power tools?
The market is crammed with hundreds of manufactures with numerous quality power tools. However, some of them are slightly better than others. For cordless power tools, you can blindly trust Dewalt, Bosch, Hychica, Milwaukee, Black & Decker, etc. These brands ensure standard quality cordless power devices that also meet your budget.
Yes, you can. The blades used in reciprocating saws are built to cut through woods and nails easily. Hence, they have enough strength to cut roots. If you have an old tree, shrub, etc. to dig out from the ground, use a recip saw to slice the roots. If the soil is not rock solid, you can even cut through it using the same saw.
Initially, finding the best cordless reciprocating saw may seem exhausting and puzzling to you. To make your selection process easier, we have recorded the common queries, saw features, pricing, customer feedback, etc. Therefore, when you go through our cordless reciprocating saw reviews, you will get a clear understanding of the whole process.
Once you know which recip saw you want, don’t delay, and grab your one before it stocks out. Also, be extra careful and take proper measures when you are working with it. You wouldn’t want to harm yourself by exposing your body to such a dangerous machine!
Thank you for patiently keeping up with us. If you want to read more buying guides like this one, please keep an eye on us for more updates.