If you are a DIY project enthusiast or work somewhere professionally as a woodworker, you might already know how important it is to use a hole saw. This article is also for those of you who have never used a hole saw before. A hole is a necessary tool to cut through thick materials on round shapes. The round shapes, therefore, set out different design scopes to create designs on a material.
People who love to create new products out of metal or wood will find the hole saw pretty helpful. And in this case, It can be frustrating if you don’t have a suitable cutter to make a perfect cut.
The hole saws are cylindrical cups with saw-edged ends that make the instant hole on different materials, be it metal, wood, or plastic.
However, when it comes to choosing the right one for our usage, it gets a little complicated. The hole saw picking would highly depend on your needs.
You might want to stick with a single saw for a long time, and then your preference is durability; you may want the sharpest one to cut through materials on a quick note; it all depends on how you want it.
Don’t get too confused because this article is here to introduce you to some best hole saws for cutting thick metal.
Without further ado, let’s get going.
8 Best Hole Saw for Cutting Thick Metal Reviews
1.Bosch Diamond Hole Saw Set.
Are you looking for a professional hole saw cutting set, then look no further than Bosch Diamond Hole saw set? Being the latest addition, it stands out as the most compatible set of the hole saw. Hence, you can cut plastic, ceramic, stainless steel, wood, granite, and porcelain with it.
Features at a stretch:
- Weight- 0.3 pounds.
- Materials of the product- Plastic case, vacuum brazed diamond grit.
- The set comprises 1-mandrel and auto-start pilot of ¼ inch, 5/16, 3/8 inch, 5/8 inch, 1 inch, 1-3/8 inch, 2 inches, 2-1/4 inch, 2-1/2 inch.
- A set with 11pieces.
- Manufacturer of the product- Bosch.
2. Dewalt Hole Saw Kit For Electronic & Plumbing
Another set of durable hole saws you will find in the Dewalt- D180005 Hole Saw Kit. Dewalt offers you a set for versatile application, comprised of 14 pieces ranging from 0.9 to 2.5 inches. Not just versatile, it also has time-saving pieces of equipment like quick-changing mandrels. So, it can be a go-to hole saw kit for electronic work, plumbing, or even DIY projects.
Features at a stretch:
- Item weight- 4.69 pounds.
- Material of the product- Metal.
- Manufacturer- DEWALT.
- Dimension- 3 x9.8×7.3-inches.
- A set with 14 pieces.
3. Milwaukee Multi-Purpose Hole Cutter Tool.
Are you looking for an efficient set of hole cutters within an affordable price range? Then Milwaukee Multi-purpose hole cutter tool might just interest you. The enhanced bits and nail collections are with it in a less pricy tag. Also, it is a set with a warranty that you can lay your trust on.
Features to know:
- Material of the product- Stainless steel.
- Manufacturer- Milwaukee.
- Dimension- 9.5×16.5×4.75-inches.
- Ideal for plumbing, woodcutting, repair applications, and maintenance.
- The power source of the saw- corded electric.
- Weight- 14.62 pounds.
4. Greenlee Hole Saw For Cutting Thick Metal
Greenlee 660-Hole Saw is the kind of set that provides user flexibility with ejector spring, cuts like butter, quick-to-remove slugs, and so on. Besides, it is pretty easy to use as you are getting the simple push-button to stop immediately. And when it comes to durability, Greenlee 660 gives you a pilot drill made of cobalt steel, an item that ensures the strength of the tool.
Features on a quick note:
- Materials- carry case of molded plastic, stainless steel cutter.
- Weight- 1.3 pounds.
- Dimension- 9.1×7.7×2.2-inches.
- Manufacturer of the product- Greenlee.
- Limited warranty.
- Usable arbor with any cutter size.
- Improved cuts with carbide quality stainless steel.
- Fast and optimum performance.
- Includes Cutter head of 7/8 inch,1-1/8 inch, 1-3/8 inch,1-3/4inch, and a 2inch, hex key, and auger.
5. Dewalt Hole Saw Kit-3 pieces.
Dewalt DWACM1802 is the one with longevity in the line of Dewalt models. It features carbide teeth for long-term usage, a raised shoulder to avoid breakage, ejection spring to remove the plug quickly. The set includes saws of three varying sizes, and you can use them on professional projects as well as simple projects.
- Material of the product- Stainless steel.
- Manufacturer- Dewalt.
- Dimension- 11.45×1.65×11 inches.
- Comes with a raised shoulder, carbide teeth, and ejection spring.
- The set includes-7/8’, 1-1/8”, 1-3/ Holesaw.
6. LENOX Tools Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit
LENOX offers you a set of hole saw having extra toughness and durable teeth to cut through hard materials butter smoothly. If you are an electrician or work as a contractor, you will find this model quite handy. The advanced technology used to make it on the top charts on today’s market makes the saw 50% more durable than the average hole saws.
- A set with 26 pieces.
- Dimension- 14.5x4x10-inches.
- Manufacturer- Lenox Tools.
- 2X durability.
- The speed slot design plug removal.
- T3 technology to cut faster through tough and hard materials.
7. Meccion Hole Saw Kit.
If your preference is an affordable kit and versatility, then Maccion Hole saw kit should be on your top list. It has materials that can help you to cut through projects like metallic pieces, ceramic, aluminum, or hardwood. The most beautiful thing about the Meccion hole saw is that it is versatile, has multiple leverage points. It opens lots of options for you, and you can use it many types of machine.
- The material of the product- Carbon Steel.
- Manufacturer of the product- Meccion.
- Includes- 13x hole saw, 2x hex key, 2x mandrels, 1x install plate, 1x drill bit, and 1 storage box.
- Weight- 7.87×6.06×1.61-inches.
- Usable for multi-purpose.
- Optimized design for making perfect cuts.
- 1-inch cutting depth.
No products found.
8. Greenlee Quick Change carbide cutter set
You get to attain precision cuts with an affordable crater cutter set- Greenlee Quick Change. Even though the manufacturer name is not still commonplace, it’s like an undiscovered gem for woodworkers and carpenters. Not only it is equipped with a durable instrument, but it is also highly user-friendly.
- Weight- 2.84 pounds.
- Dimension- 10x6x2-inches.
- Material of the set- Steel, plastic.
- A set of 9 pieces appears in a plastic case- hole cutter of +2-1/2 inch+1-3/4inch+1-3/8 inch+1-1/8 inch+7/8inch, 2 pieces Arbor, 1 ejector spring.
- Ensures Optimum performance, improved carbide quality cuts, and easy changing arbor.
- Tested and proven to use it professionally.
Read More:- Best Hole Saw Kit
Things to Consider Before Buying a Hole saw:
Choosing a Brand that provides enough customer service is crucial. Hence, you should always check the Brand you are buying from, their warranty policy, and services. Indeed you won’t spend money on some cheap manufacture, because that will later cost more than saving money.
The cutting efficiency is a must for both professional and DIY usage. So, while buying, make sure your hole saw has better cutting efficiency and doesn’t wear off quickly.
You can’t possibly guarantee that the tool will always do as it claims. Accidentally you may break it, or some parts may wear off faster than they should be. In that case before buying you should talk to the manufacturer about replacement facilities. That’s how you care for your invested money.
Even though the most durable tools cost more, you should always spend money on those. It’s because durability is the feature that is essential for daily usage. If you buy a cheap one with weaker materials, you will have to spend double to buy another soon.
Lastly, one thing is inarguable that your choice is solely yours. But we can suggest what would be in your best interest. Therefore, spending a bit more on a quality hole saw is better than ruining your work and having a high chance of an accident.
Bosch Diamond hole saw set is our top recommendation for high-speed performance and LENOX Tools 308042000G Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit for advanced technology.
Hope this content has helped you to dig in Best Hole Saw for Cutting Thick Metal & Wood.