Last Updated on 2 weeks by James D. Miller
A logging chainsaw is a requisite gear for a professional logger. Therefore, the more he has workings, the more pressure goes up on the logging chainsaw. As a result, he needs to buy the best logging chainsaw from the market.
Before purchasing, fix your budget and requirements. Also, try to know where are chainsaw made and what the history of chainsaws is. It has a lengthy background. Chainsaw invented for childbirth was in 1780by two doctors to remove the pelvic bone without any hassle. However, we use it now to cut trees and clean lands.
Logging Chainsaw Comparison Table
Table Of Contents
- 1 Logging Chainsaw Comparison Table
- 2 7 Best Logging Chainsaw Reviews Based On User Rating
- 3 Best Chainsaw for Logging Buying Guide
- 4 What chainsaws do pros use?
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Sum up of the review
The following table indicates the main features of different kinds of chainsaws to compare chainsaw brands. After reviewing, you can understand their characteristics and the best chainsaw ever made.
|Husqvarna 455 Rancher||This chainsaw is gas-powered.The length of its blade is 20 inches.Besides, it offers two years of warranty.|
|Greenworks G-MAX||We use the battery as the primary power source.The length of its blade is 16 inches.Most importantly, it offers four years of warranty.|
|Oregon CS1500||Its power system is corded-electric.The length of its blade is 18 inches.Besides, it offers three years of warranty.|
|Poulan Pro PR5020||This chainsaw is gas-powered.The length of its blade is 16 inches.It also offers two years of warranty.|
|Remington RM4618||This chainsaw is gas-powered.The length of its blade is 18 inches.It also offers two years of warranty.|
|Makita XCU03PT1||This chainsaw is battery-powered.The length of its blade is 14 inches.It offers three years of warranty.|
|Husqvarna 460 Rancher||This chainsaw is gas-powered.The length of its blade is 24 inches.It offers two years of warranty, too.|
7 Best Logging Chainsaw Reviews Based On User Rating
We have recommended five of the best chainsaws of all time for logging.
1.Seesii 6-inch Mini Cordless Chainsaw
Here are the features and advantages of using the Seesii mini cordless chainsaw.
- Firstly, you can use this logging chainsaw for any household project.
- This chainsaw is suitable for various purposes, for instance, woodcutting, bush cleaning, tree-branches pruning, and gardening.
- Moreover, it is portable and faster.
- This gear has a copper motor and uses a 2 X 21 Volt battery as a power supply.
- Besides, it has a safety lock switch.
- The users can use it with one hand.
- Its blade is robust.
- However, it does not create much noise.
- The user can maintain it easily.
- Finally, it has excellent battery life.
- Seesii manufactures Seesii mini cordless chainsaws.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 5.91 pounds.
- Product dimension is 15.75 x 7.87 x 5.91 inches.
- Guide bar length is 6 inches.
- Two Li-ion batteries are the power sources of this chainsaw. It is also Corded Electric.
- Its color is black.
- This chainsaw uses ABS as material.
- Firstly, its blade is robust.
- It offers less noise.
- Besides, its safety lock prevents accidents at starting.
- This gear has a heat dissipation device to preclude the motor from burning.
- Finally, it has a stable oil supply that allows a smooth operation.
- Sometimes, its customer service is unsatisfactory.
2. Stihl MS 170 Chainsaw
Here are the features and advantages of using the Stihl MS 170 chainsaw.
- Firstly, the Stihl MS 170 chainsaw was built in the United States of America.
- This chainsaw has a developed anti-vibration system.
- Moreover, its anti-vibration system reduces operator fatigue and ensures a comfortable work experience.
- Besides, it has a compensating carburetor that automatically adjusts the air to fuel ratio.
- Finally, its system provides proper lubrication, consuming less oil.
- Stihl manufactures Stihl MS 170 chainsaws.
- The weight of its powerhead is 8.6 pounds.
- Guide bar length is 16 inches.
- Gas is used as the power source.
- Its chain oil capacity is 4.9 oz.
- Besides, the engine power of this chainsaw is 1.7 bhp.
- Its fuel capacity is 8.5 oz.
- Firstly, it is light in weight and suitable for trimming.
- Easy to use.
- Moreover, the user does not face any difficulty to maintain.
- Besides, it is reliable for household work.
- Finally, it offers better lubrication with a small amount of oil consumption.
- Sometimes, some customers face chain brake failure problems.
3.MAXLANDER 12 Inch 20V Cordless Chainsaw
Here are the features and advantages of using the Maxlander cordless chainsaw.
- Firstly, the Maxlander cordless chainsaw is compact, having a mighty motor that uses a 2.0 Ah battery.
- This chainsaw is suitable to prune small trees and shrubs.
- Moreover, it offers a fast, straight, smooth, and agile woodcut.
- This electric cordless chainsaw uses low vibration technology.
- It has an ergonomic and convenient design that provides toolless auto-chain tension.
- Besides, this chainsaw has an auto oiling system.
- Finally, its design and safety features like a safety lock brake offer the user safe and comfortable use.
- Maxlander manufactures the Maxlander cordless chainsaw.
- The weight of this chainsaw is 10.98 pounds.
- Package dimension is 18 x 10.7 x 10 inches.
- Guide bar length is 12 inches.
- Firstly, this chainsaw is light and compact.
- It is suitable for pruning small trees and shrubs.
- The user finds this gear smooth, fast, and agile to cut wood.
- Besides, it offers lower vibration.
- Finally, this cordless chainsaw is safe because it has several safety features.
- Sometimes, some customers complain about its battery.
4. Logging Chainsaw 52 Cc Gasoline Cutting Small Household Chainsaws Logging Chainsaws
Here are the key features, specifications, pros, and cons of the Logging chainsaw 52 CC Gasoline cutting small household chainsaw.
Firstly, the Logging chainsaw 52 CC Gasoline cutting small household chainsaw is sharper than most chainsaws.
- This chainsaw can cut the branches, shrubs, twigs, bushes, and trees.
- Besides, it is rust-proof and waterproof.
- The users can easily clean with water.
- It is rugged and durable.
- Finally, this chainsaw is perfect for pruning, cutting, and trimming wood.
- The Logging chainsaw 52 CC Gasoline cutting small household chainsaw uses 2000 watts of power.
- Rubber and metal are its material.
- Its size is 40 X 28 X 23 cm.
- This chainsaw features 52 CC of gas displacement.
- Its oil capacity is 0.26 liters.
- This chainsaw has a fuel capacity of 0.55 liters.
- This chainsaw is sharp enough to cut the branches, twigs, shrubs, trees, and bushes.
- It is suitable for cutting, trimming, and pruning.
- Moreover, this lagging chainsaw is durable.
- Besides, there is no problem with cleaning with water.
- It is practical to make your operation efficient.
- The structure is a little bit complex.
5. Husqvarna 460 460R 24″ Gas Chainsaw
Here are the key features, specifications, pros, and cons of the Husqvarna 460R 24-inch gas chainsaw. It is the best Husqvarna chainsaw for logging.
- Firstly, the Husqvarna 460R 24-inch gas chainsaw can start fast without much effort.
- This gas chainsaw has outstanding ergonomic features and is durable.
- It has an automatic oiler system that provides adequate lubrication for operative use.
- Besides, this 24-inch gas chainsaw has a side-mounted tensioning system.
- It is a perfect chainsaw for clearing land and firewood cutting. The reviewers consider it the best chainsaw for clearing land.
- Its anti-vibration system lessens the vibration level and noise.
- This chainsaw has an x-torque engine that reduces gasoline emissions and fuel consumption.
- Finally, it has a filter that releases air quickly that offers simple cleaning and replacement features.
- Husqvarna manufactures the Husqvarna 460R 24-inch gas chainsaw.
- Its weight is 14.5 pounds.
- Product dimension is 34 x 10 x 10 inches.
- This chainsaw uses 3.62 hp.
- Guide bar length is 24 inches.
- It is gas-powered.
- This chainsaw is the easiest chainsaw to start.
- It is suitable for cutting, trimming, and pruning.
- This logging chainsaw is more sturdy than many other logging chainsaws.
- Moreover, its automatic oiler system provides enough lubrication to the guide bar.
- Besides, it is perfect for cleaning the land.
- The Husqvarna gas chainsaw has an anti-vibration system with less vibration and noise.
- Its x-torque engine reduces gasoline emissions and fuel consumption.
- However, according to some users, its safety break spring gets jammed and overpowered.
Best Chainsaw for Logging Buying Guide
Here is the recommendation to help you pick the best all around chainsaw and the best logging chainsaw for your workings.
Before buying the gear,
- Think about your purpose.
- Then match the features with your requirements and look for the price.
If your objective is limbing, select a chainsaw suitable for limbing. Besides, if you are professional and work commercially, choose the best commercial logging chainsaw.
If your purpose is logging, go through various marketplaces and check logging chainsaws for sale. Also, keep in mind that your selected product must have logging tools.
The size of the guide bar is a crucial aspect of selecting a logging chainsaw. Generally, the measure represents the original length of the guide bar, and you should choose according to the diameter of your cutting object.
Generally, branded products are costly but reliable. Brands like Stihl and Husqvarna are the most renowned globally. Besides, the Husqvarna 120 Mark II chainsaw is the best chainsaw for limbing.
Moreover, the Stihl MS 881 is the fastest chainsaw in the world. The features of the chainsaw vary with different chainsaws, and therefore, it is not easy to decide which one is the best all around chainsaw ever made.
Generally, price is vital to buy any product, and an expensive product does not mean that it will be perfect. You have to make a budget and your requirements about the chainsaw. Then visit different marketplaces like Amazon or Walmart to select the most appropriate gear for you.
After reading this article, you may get a big idea about different chainsaws, their key features, specifications, pros, and cons.
Generally, people always care about the warranty of a product. It is one of the crucial features of any product, and its significance rises with the increment of price. Therefore, companies should be concerned about the warranty of their products.
Professional users prefer full-chisel teeth chains when using large saws. However, they consider it the best logging chainsaw chain. Therefore, they have enthused various questions among other professionals. However, selecting a brand and its product depends on personal choice, cutting style, budget, and preferences.
According to professional loggers, the Husqvarna chainsaw cuts fast and offers enough time to get out of their way by making the final cut. Besides, the fans of the Stihl brand prefer it because of its low-end torque. Low-end torque is essential to provide power through bigger and harder woods.
Why do Loggers Run chainsaw bars upside down?
Every chainsaw manufacturer designs a chainsaw to be mounted or attached upside down or right-side up. They do this because it allows extending 50% longevity of the chainsaw bar.
What size saw do loggers use?
Generally, the loggers use the Stihl 500i as the ideal logging chainsaw. The chainsaw size matters a lot, and the loggers use a chainsaw having 16 to 32 inches of bar. However, sometimes they can purchase large chainsaws with larger bars and fit them separately.
What chainsaw chains do professional loggers use?
Professional users prefer full-chisel teeth chains when using large saws. They consider it the best logging chainsaw chain. On the other hand, semi-chisel teeth have less risk of a kickback as their shape is round. Moreover, the users can use them for a long time as the sharpness remains longer. However, the cutting speed of these teeth is slow, but it is more suitable for cutting dirty wood.
What brand chainsaw do most loggers use?
Most users prefer Stihl saws as their first preference as it is the most popular chainsaw for logging. Reviewers also suggest it as the best professional logging chainsaw.
The rest of the people go for Husqvarna as their first choice. These two brands are the most popular, and you can use them for professional uses. So, we can consider any of these two chainsaws as the Loggers choice chainsaw.
What is the most popular chainsaw for logging? This review article highlights a short but clear idea about logging chainsaws according to their purposes and the original use of a chainsaw. We expect you to get help to select the best logging chainsaw according to your determination.
What chainsaw do professional loggers use? You may see that the professionals use branded chainsaws. Moreover, the different chainsaws have different specifications and features. Therefore, it is complex to choose the best chainsaw for logging. Go through other marketplaces, and analyze the reviews of different chainsaws.