When it comes to buying a chainsaw, the one that will last longer and be efficient while using it in every situation is expected. But considering the price range, numerous brands, and variety of models having distinct features is more than enough to make someone confused about which one to choose.
Let’s dive in to check out the 2 popular brands in the chainsaw industry and their renowned chainsaws.
Milwaukee is mainly a power tool manufacturing company. A. F. Siebert established the company in 1924 in Milwaukee, a popular city in Wisconsin, USA. Though it is an American company, it is a subsidiary of Techtronic Industries, which is a Hong Kong-based company. All of their tools are manufactured in the USA. Currently, they have 3 manufacturing companies located in Greenwood, Mississippi, Jackson, Mississippi, and Mukwonago, Wisconsin.
Best Milwaukee Chainsaw to Buy
Thinking about buying a Milwaukee chainsaw? Milwaukee has 2 chainsaw variants. The Milwaukee chainsaw can be purchased as a full package or only a chainsaw.
Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw
If you are looking for a battery-powered chainsaw to cut hardwood, then you can certainly go for the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw. It can cut way faster than gas. In addition, REDLINK PLUS intelligence will provide you with maximum performance and protection from overheating, overload, and over-discharge. Let’s check out its specifications and key features.
- Power source: cordless
- Motor type: Brushless
- Length: 33″
- Weight: 13.9lbs
- RPM: 6600
- Bar length: 16″
- Chain Gauge: .043″
- Chain Pitch: 3/8″ low profile
- Battery system: M18
- Faster than gas, can reach full throttle in under 1 second
- The brushless motor can reach up to 6600 RPM
- 18v Lithium-Ion 12.0 ah battery ensures up to 150 cuts per charge
- REDLITHIUM battery offers power up to 40CC
- Comes with a 16″ Oregon bar and chain
- Variable speed trigger for full control
- Dual stud for improved bar and chain retention
- Automatic oiler for proper chain lubrication and greater productivity
- Onboard storage for scrench
- Compatible with all M18 batteries
However, the battery and charger are not included. A kit is available, which includes a 12.0 RedLithium battery pack, a charger, 16″ Oregon bar, and a bar sheath.
Milwaukee M12 Chainsaw
If you are looking for a battery-powered chainsaw for pruning, then the Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hatchet pruning saw is for you. It is well designed to serve the necessities of landscape maintenance professionals. Let’s see its specifications and key features.
- Tool Warranty: 3years limited warranty
- Power source: cordless
- Length: 16.56″
- Weight: 4.1 lb
- Height: 9.12″
- Width: 3.76″
- Battery system: M12
- Cuts 5x faster than hand saws
- POWERSTATE Brushless motor delivers the power to cut 3″ of hardwoods
- Full house chain minimizes vibration and delivers clean cuts
- M12 REDLITHIUM XC4.0 Battery assures up to 120 cuts per charge
- The compact and lightweight design delivers better controllability than chainsaws
- A tool with a battery weighs less than 5lbs
- Easy access chain tensioner allows for quick adjustments to chain tension
- Automatic oil provides proper chain lubrication & increased productivity
- Translucent oil reservoir enables clear visibility of oil levels
- All metal bucking spikes give increased leverage during applications
- Variable speed trigger increases user control
- Onboard storage for scrench
Note: It does not come with the battery and charger.
See also- Why Were Chainsaws Invented? Don’t Miss To Know The Horrific Reason
Does Milwaukee Chainsaw make Cordless Chainsaw?
Yes, Milwaukee makes cordless chainsaws which are Milwaukee M12 Chainsaw and Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw.
How Long Does the Milwaukee Cordless Chainsaw Last?
Depending on the use, the Milwaukee M18 cordless chainsaw can last around 33 mins, whereas the M12 can last around 1 hour.
Where to Buy Milwaukee Chainsaw?
Milwaukee is a trusted brand. Hence, it is available in both physical stores and online stores. However, the availability of the product and different price ranges can’t be ensured beforehand in a physical store.
Therefore, to purchase Milwaukee chainsaws online without any hassle, you can check out these websites-
- Amazon: Amazon is a trusted eCommerce site across the globe. Before purchasing, you can check for ratings and reviews of the product. Amazon has discount offers for Amazon rewards visa cards. You can also check if your location is eligible for product delivery.
- The Home Depot: This is an amazing online platform where you can see their nearby physical stores in your area. You can get the information regarding the number of available products in their physical store. Moreover, they have some exciting offers like a free extra battery, free delivery and so on.
- eBay: eBay is another authorized online shopping platform that can deliver the Milwaukee chainsaw worldwide through the Global Shipping Program. However, they don’t offer free delivery. They also have 60 days return policy including a return shipping charge in case you have any issues with the product.
- Vermont Tool Company: Vermont Tool Company one of the most popular Milwaukee chainsaw resellers. The company guarantees you to give top notch quality products at the lowest possible price. If you are looking to buy Milwaukee M12 chainsaw then we will recommend you to buy from Vermont Tool Company.
However, your claim must meet their policies in case of solving the credit issue. In addition, they have a comparison feature on their website in case you are confused about which one to buy.
STIHL is a chainsaw company that manufactures a wide range of chainsaws for various types of use. The company was founded by Andreas Stihl in Waiblingen, Germany, in 1962. Now, apart from Germany, it is manufactured in different countries, including the USA, China, Brazil, Austria, and Switzerland.
Best STIHL Chainsaw to Buy
STIHL has various models of chainsaws like hardwood cutting, firewood cutting, battery-powered, gas-powered, and so on. Among them, we will check out the features of the STIHL MS 170 chainsaw and STIHL MS 250 chainsaw.
STIHL MS 170 Chainsaw
If you are looking for a lightweight gas-powered chain saw to cut wood around your home, such as for trimming or cutting small branches fallen due to a storm, then STIHL MS 170 chainsaw is for you.
- Power source: Gas
- Powerhead Weight: 8.6 lbs
- Guide bar length: 16″
- Oilomatic chain: 3/8 PMM3
- Chain oil capacity: 49 oz
- Engine power: 1.7bhp
- Fuel capacity: 8.5 oz
- Displacement: 30.1 cc
Note: The compatible guide bar ranges: 12″-16″.
- Anti-vibration system reduces operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience
- IntelliCarb Compensating Carburetor adjusts air/fuel ratio when air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains engine’s correct RPM.
- Ematic lubrication system reduces bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
STIHL MS 250 Chainsaw
A high-powered chainsaw is a must to be able to build up the pile of firewood to bring warmth to your house. The outstanding features of the STIHL MS 250 chainsaw have created a special place in the user’s hearts.
- Power source: gas
- Powerhead Weight: 10.1 lbs
- Guide bar length: 18″
- Oilomatic chain: .325″ RM3
- Chain oil capacity: 6.8 oz
- Engine power: 3.0 bhp
- Fuel capacity: 15.9 oz
- Displacement: 45.4cc
Note: The compatible guide bar ranges: 16″-18″
- Easy to access air filter cover for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement
- Master control lever: easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch
- Rear hand guard lessens the risk of injury and provides a wide area for foot placement during starting
- The side-access chain tensioner makes it more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench
- winter/summer shutter allows carburetor to operate at optimum temp year-round & helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50 ℉(10 ℃)
Read More- Best Limbing Chainsaws
Does STIHL make Cordless Chainsaw?
Yes, STIHL has a wide range of cordless chainsaws, which are MSA 120 C-B, MSA 140 C-B, MSA 200 C-B, MSA 220 C-B, MSA 160 C-B, and so on. Among these, MSA 220 C-B is considered the most powerful one.
How Long Does STIHL Chainsaw Last?
How long the STIHL chainsaw will last will vary depending on how you are using it, but it can be expected to refill the gas between 15 to 40 minutes.
Where to Buy STIHL Chainsaw?
STIHL is one of the leading chainsaw companies known in the market. Its reasonable price range allows it to be available in almost every shop. However, shopping from a physical shop is tiresome and time-consuming.
Therefore, online shopping is a good option for our busy life. To buy STIHL chainsaws online, you can try the following online platforms.
- Detroit Diamond Driling Inc: Detroit Diamond Driling Inc is an authorized local dealer of STIHL chainsaws. You can easily check the customer reviews and ratings on their website. They also have a physical store in case you prefer offline shopping. Their store hours and address are also mentioned on their website.
- Ace Hardware: Ace Hardware is another popular online chainsaw selling platform that has some unique features i.e you can compare multiple items to see their distinctive features. Also, you can pay for the product in installments. They have a free delivery offer for Ace Rewards members (conditions apply).
- Kooy Brother: Kooy Brother is a family-operated online selling platform located in Toronto, Ontario. You can get almost every model of STIHL chainsaw on this website. They claim fast delivery and a secure payment system.
Milwaukee Chainsaw vs STIHL- Comparison
For deciding which one to buy, you should consider the followings-
The cost of the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw tool kit ranges from $450 to $600, and only the tool would cost around $250. However, the Milwaukee M12 chainsaw is a cost-effective one. It costs around $190 if purchased without any battery and charger. Besides, STIHL MS 170 Chainsaw costs around $200- $250, and STIHL MS 250 Chainsaw may cost around $450.
Warranty and Support:
All Milwaukee tools come with a warranty period from 1 to 5 years. Within the warranty period, the repair cost would be free, and they have a replacement option as well. They have several service centers throughout the country, as well as an eService center.
On the contrary, STIHL offers a 1-year warranty for professional use and 2 years warranty for domestic use. And in case of rental use, they offer a 3-month warranty.
Quality and reliability:
Even though Milwaukee is mostly a tool company, the Milwaukee chainsaws are manufactured while maintaining their best quality. The brand itself is credible enough to ensure the reliability of its product.
On the other hand, STIHL has been in the business for such a long time as a chainsaw company having a variety of chainsaws. Their good name is earned because of providing top-class products.
Safety and Regulations:
For ensuring safety, the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw has a second handle for a more ergonomic grip. However, it lacks tool-less tension or the chain controlling feature, which is not expected. And for the Milwaukee M12 chainsaw, a chain tensioner is available to optimize the tension on the chain.
STIHL chainsaw has a chain guard, which activates automatically when the hand guard experiences any contact and stops the chain on the spot.
Milwaukee Chainsaw vs STIHL – Which one is Best?
Now you may think which one is better among Milwaukee and STIHL! Well, both of them are good in their own way.
If your budget is high and wants longer performance for heavy work using a cordless chainsaw, then you can choose the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw. But, if you need a chainsaw for your yard without the hassle of buying gas, then a small chainsaw like Milwaukee M12 would work.
However, if you are thinking about purchasing a budget-friendly chainsaw or would work in a remote area where you may face problems with charging, then you can go for a gas-operated chainsaw like STIHL.
Everyone wants to buy tools that will provide high performance and be durable at the same time. So, think about your budget and needs before deciding which one to go for. We hope our article will come in handy for you to deciding on your chainsaw companion.