Yesterday I went for hardware shopping with my grandfather, and with some other power tools, my grandpa bought an electric pole saw from Remington. After seeing it in action, I realized it is the best pole saw on the market and thought about writing a Remington Pole Saw Reviews.
Remington is an American garden power tools manufacturer that is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. The company started its journey in 1921 as a small power tool manufacturer and has grown over the years. They make chainsaws, pole saws, grass trimmers, leaf blowers, and cultivators for individual and industrial use.
They started making pole saw for the general public in the 1990s. A pole saw is a chainsaw attached to a pole. It can be gas-powered or electric. They help you to trim down tree branches and make your backyard beautiful to the eyes. And the best pole saw on the market for the best price is the RM8EPS RANGER™ II pole saw, which I got to use. Let us get to know more about this Remington pole saw.
Compare with Similar Items
- RM8EPS RANGER™ II Remington Pole Saw Review: The Best Pole Saw On The Market.
- Types of Pole Saws
- Remington Pole Saw Reviews Buying Guide.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it safe to use a detachable saw?
- Can the RM8EPS RANGER™ II saw run on batteries?
- Is the Remington saw heavy?
- Does the RM8EPS RANGER™ II have a product warranty?
- What is the use of the small metal bar that comes with the package?
- How long can the pole reach of the RM8EPS Saw?
- How much the Remington RM8EPS Ranger II 8-Amp Electric costs?
- What voltage does the saw take in?
- Does the pole saw come with a chain, or do I have to buy it separately?
- Are the Remington pole saws made in America?
RM8EPS RANGER™ II Remington Pole Saw Review: The Best Pole Saw On The Market.
RM8EPS Ranger II 8-Amp Electric 2-in-1 Remington Pole Saw is the best pole saw out there. This fantastic piece of tool is a combination of a pole saw and a handheld chainsaw. Since the saw weighs only 12.75 pounds, it is easy to carry. The length is 39.8 inches; the width is 8.4 inches; the height is 9.2 inches. This body dimension makes it a perfect power tool for your garden.
You can easily trim down the untamed branches of trees in your garden with RM8EPS RANGER II Remington Pole Saw. The pole can reach up to 15 feet, and with its telescopic design, you can control the distance. A flip and lock system on the pole lock the saw in place. So, the chainsaw doesn’t move when you are using it.
Are there logs on the ground of your garden? No worries, the chainsaw head can be easily detached from the pole body and reattached. Then you can use it just like any other handheld chainsaw. The saw is powered by electricity. You can charge it up or work while connecting it to an electric outlet. This pole saw uses 110- 115 Volts to power itself.
Though the 2 in 1 Remington Pole Saw runs on electricity, it packs power. It is efficient in cutting down prunes, branches, and logs. The 10-inch chain-blade cuts through trees as if it is sliding through butter.
There are fewer parts that can snag hazard when working with this pole saw. That makes it the safest garden power tool in the market. The saw is easy to maneuver. Without a doubt, this one is the best tool for trimming unwanted branches over your head.
- The pole and chainsaw are detachable and can be used separately.
- The motor is powered by electricity, which is cost-effective in comparison to gas-powered tools.
- The saw’s pole can extend up to 10 feet, making it the perfect tool to trim long branches.
- The telescopic design of the pole also makes it operate efficiently.
- The handle of the pole saw is made from anti-slip material.
- The size of Remington pole saw chain is 10 inches, which is perfect for house use. It is also lightweight and easy to carry when at work.
- The motor on the Remington pole saw is just only eight (08) amps. It is not the most potent motor there is, which is a bummer.
- When the saw is on the battery, you cannot use it for more than one hour.
Types of Pole Saws
There are mainly four types of pole saws used by people.
- Cordless Pole Saw: Cordless pole saws are the most efficient pole saw. It is mobile so you can move with it freely. There are no cords attached to the saw body. It houses a battery from where it gets its power.
- Manual Pole Saw: It is the oldest type of pole saw. It is also the cheapest and longest of all the pole saws. It has a blade that is attached to a pole.
- Pole Saws fueled by Gas: These pole saws get their power from gas. They are famous for trimming bushes. You can power the motor with gasoline or fossil fuel.
- Electric Pole Saw: Electric pole saws are my favorite. They are lightweight, pack some good power in the motor, and are easy to use. This type of saw gets power from an electric outlet.
Remington Pole Saw Reviews Buying Guide.
Numerous pole saws prevail in the market, but not all of them are worth it. There are a few things that you should always consider before you purchase a pole saw. In this Remington Pole Saw Review, we will point out some helpful features you should keep in mind while searching for the perfect pole saw.
- Things to cut- Pole saws are made to trim down prunes and branches. They are not always made to cut substantial objects like stones, concrete, or large logs. It is a good idea to see if the saw you are willing to purchase has a strong blade to go through hard objects.
- The desired height – Every pole saw is designed to help you reach a high distance. That is why it is called a pole saw, as there is a chainsaw on a pole. If you need to reach the height of 13 feet, then an 8 feet pole saw will be of no use to you. So, choose the perfect height for a saw you need to reach.
- Pole saw type – For different purposes, different types of pole saw exists, for example— Manual, cordless, electric, gas-powered, etc. Select the pole saw that is best suited for you.
- Type of fuel- On the market, you can find both gas-powered and electric pole saws. Which will be more useful to you choose that one. I recommend electric powered pole saw like, RM8EPS RANGER II.
- Your budget- It all comes down to money. If the saw is not cost-effective, then what is the point of having one? Consider the price, the cost of the fuel, and how often you will use the saw. Then purchase it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use a detachable saw?
Yes. The RM8EPS RANGER ™ II has a locking mechanism that locks the chainsaw with the pole to prevent it from moving.
Can the RM8EPS RANGER™ II saw run on batteries?
Yes, it comes with a 2.0 Ah Battery.
Is the Remington saw heavy?
Not really. The chainsaw is about 5.5 KG or 12.75 pounds. So, it is not that heavy compared to other pole saws on the market.
Does the RM8EPS RANGER™ II have a product warranty?
Yes, it does. It comes with two years of limited warranty from the manufacturer.
What is the use of the small metal bar that comes with the package?
The metal bar is to adjust the tension of the cutting chain on the blade. You can tighten or loosen it depending on the use.
How long can the pole reach of the RM8EPS Saw?
The pole of the saw can extend up to 10 feet. That lets you trim prunes that are 15 feet above the ground.
How much the Remington RM8EPS Ranger II 8-Amp Electric costs?
The saw usually costs around $89.99 to $100.00 on Amazon.com.
What voltage does the saw take in?
It uses 110 – 115 Volts of electricity to run the motor.
Does the pole saw come with a chain, or do I have to buy it separately?
The chain comes with the product. But if you by accident break it while in use you have to buy a new chain.
Are the Remington pole saws made in America?
Yes. All the Remington products are made in the United States of America.
It is not always easy to find a good, well-performing, cost-efficient power saw that fulfills all your recruitments. Luckily for us, Remington manufactures RM8EPS RANGER™ II 2 in 1 Pole Saw. This famous piece of hardware has proven its worth in every American household.
Its efficiency, features, cost-effectiveness has made it one of the best pole saws of America.
You don’t buy a pole saw every day. So, it is essential to choose the best one that meets all of your needs. In our opinion, the RM8EPS RANGER II Remington Pole Saw fulfills all the needs of a household trimming. We hope this Remington Pole Saw Review was helpful to you in deciding which pole saw to buy.