The key to home decor is tiles; no client wants the slightest damage to them. Everything from corner cuts to perforated tiles needs to be perfect for bathroom taps. A tile saw is convenient for all these tasks.
However, like other devices, it will need to be changed from time to time. You may think that it is difficult to change the tile saw blade. Not really; changing the tile blade is an extremely easy task. Be sure that the blade really needs to be replaced.
A good wet tile saw blade should be cut continuously and quickly by any material, no matter how thick or hard it is. If you notice that your cuts are moving more slowly over time, or you are applying more pressure to the tile to get it with the blade, perhaps the blade needs to be replaced. A wet tile saw blade can be used on ceramic, porcelain, stone, or glass.
So it’s very important to know when to replace the wet tile saw blade, which helps your work run as fast and accurately as before.
When To Replace A Wet Tile Saw Blade?
Table Of Contents
Have you searched for the right reasons when you need to change your blade? If not, here are some important reasons for you! If you change the blade before the specified time, it will be a waste of your money. On the other hand, being too late will waste your valuable work and time. So, be careful about the time of replacing a wet saw blade.
A good tile saw blade would allow you to cut any material seamlessly and quickly, no matter how hard or dense it is. But you should notice that things are going at the same pace all the time. If you notice that the cuts are getting slower over time, then the blade needs to be replaced.
Some types of tiles are relatively stiff and require different speeds for cutting. Notice that the tile cutting started at the right speed but was reduced, so it is time to replace the blade.
A wet tile saw blade can cut stones, porcelain, and ceramic tiles very gently, and you don’t have to apply any pressure. After cutting the tile, notice if the edges are chewed, squeezed, or covered with small cracks. It is due to a dull blade. Wet saw blades are covered with small diamonds that allow them to be cut.
However, over time, these diamonds become closed, which can cause the blade to become dull. In this case, you definitely need to replace the blade.
A good quality wet tile saw helps to cut tiles in a very straight line through the blade tile, without any difference. If the wet saw tray glides perfectly straight, your cuts are more likely to come out of the plumb, causing the blade to become distorted. Even if the cuts are still out of the plumb after you try to adjust and tighten them, it’s time to replace the blade.
With wet tile saws, you will cut many types of material, but you may need special blades to cut hard stone, porcelain, and glass tiles. Using the wrong blade will damage the tiles and blades at the same time. Before cutting the tiles, observe what kind of material you are cutting and replace the blades accordingly so that both the tiles and the blades are protected.
Know Other Signs
Abnormal vibration of the blade can damage it. Undoubtedly, this is a big hint enough to take the initiative to replace your blade. Since wet tile blades don’t take long to change, why would you make a faulty device? Replace it yourself without any hassle.
How to Change the Wet Tile Saw Blade?
- Since you want to change your tile saw blade, you need some things to make it easier. Let’s learn about the tools.
- Unscrew the nuts that are fastened to hold the blade in place with an adjustable wrench.
- Depending on the construction and model, take a screwdriver and open the box to hide the blade.
- Use special goggles and gloves to keep yourself safe while doing the work.
- Be sure to unplug the machine from the electric outlet before replacing the blade.
Steps to Follow
- You may have noticed that the tile saw blade usually comes with a hinge so that more than half of the tile saw blade is protected. Remove the nuts during blade replacement, open the cover and gain access to the blade.
- Use the appropriate wrench to loosen the nuts in the middle of the wet saw blade. Then remove both the washer and the blade shaft.
- Be sure to slide it after disconnecting the blade from the shaft.
- Carefully slide the new blade into the trench and make sure you have it installed. Note that the rules for attaching different blades are different.
- Put them back in the washer to install the locking nuts. Use the wrench again to tighten and secure the nuts.
- Reconnect the cover of the blade where the cover is ensured safe use. Fasten the nuts tightly. Reattach it to the cover of the metal box and screw it with the head screw.
When screwing the nuts of the blade, tighten it as much as possible but do not over-tighten as you may want to replace the blade in the future.
The wet tile saw blade works great for all types of stone, ceramic, and porcelain tiles; above all, it is versatile. It was a bit expensive. Since you can do a few types of work in a very convenient way, why not pay a little more. Start your work by placing it in the right place with electrical connections, cutting tiles very easily. If you can get a good idea about its usability, you can know when to replace the wet tile saw blade.