Last Updated on 2 months by James D. Miller
Chainsaws have always been a necessary item for woodcutters or workers; moreover, Husqvarna has been the leading brand in this sector. However, would you like to know Where Are Husqvarna Chainsaws Made?F
The article will let you know about every small detail about the company and the products it has launched. It’s essential to know about a brand before choosing its items because you can assume the quality by the materials, the owner’s profile, and engagement.
It took a whole day to find the details about the Swedish Husqvarna brand; doesn’t a company’s history reflect its overall performance? I always look for the faithfulness of the company before buying its products; checking the background can be a way.
Let’s get introduced to the chainsaw manufacturer and elaborate on it more than ever; we can find out the secret of its being the top brand.
Do You Know Who Is Husqvarna Owned by?
Table Of Contents
- 1 Do You Know Who Is Husqvarna Owned by?
- 2 Husqvarna Made History and Have An Overview Of It
- 3 Know More about Husqvarna Museum
- 4 Would You Like to Know about Husqvarna Viking?
- 5 Find out the Husqvarna Chainsaw History And Watch the Evolution
- 6 Where Can You Buy Husqvarna Chainsaws?
- 7 Is Husqvarna Better Than Stihl Chainsaw?
- 8 FAQ:- Where Are Husqvarna Chainsaws Made?
- 9 Conclusion
The company started its journey over 300-years ago, but the owner didn’t remain the same; even the brand owners sometimes sold it to other investors. Moreover, the company’s investment and revenues are in billion dollars, and the owners sometimes sell their partial projects.
According to the recent information, the brand owners are Investor AB (which holds 16.8% of the total share) and Lundberg AB (it has 7.5% of the claim). However, Henric Andersson is the company’s CEO; on the other hand, Tom Johnstone is the chairman.
On the contrary, SVP Worldwide and KTM Industries also own a considerable part of Husqvarna tools; so, you can consider them as owners.
Husqvarna Made History and Have An Overview Of It
Let’s make a chart to briefly look at the Husqvarna company’s history and the road it has crossed.
|Year||Changes or Steps by Husqvarna|
|1686||The company established itself that year and started its journey as a weapon manufacturer; it produced shotguns for the Swedish army.|
|1872||Almost 200 years after establishing, it expanded its business and started manufacturing sewing machines and kitchen items.|
|1896||The brand started producing bicycles, and it continued till 1962; the production stopped after that.|
|1903||The brand launched motorbikes and expanded the 2-wheeler’s business, which ran till 1987. The Cagiva brand bought the bike’s section from it at that time.|
|1959||That year, the company started to produce the legendary chainsaws and lawnmowers.|
|1978||The Electrolux took over Husqvarna and expanded the business; it started to produce outdoor items.|
|1989||Husqvarna launched its 1st indoor lawnmower (riding); that was a revolutionary step by the company.|
|1995||The company invented, or you can say it launched the best Automower, a solar-system robotic lawnmower.|
|2006||Some new people bought the company and reestablished it as an independent brand as before; it was no longer a part of Electrolux.|
|2007||It acquired the Gardena brand and focused more on producing garden tools.|
|2012||It started to produce battery-operated and fuel-saving chainsaws; thus, the brand got on top.|
However, that was the Husqvarna history in brief; let’s check the sub-brands list it owns:
- Gardena was one of the best brands it acquired; that used to be a German company and has been a part of Husqvarna since 2007.
- McCulloch used to be a part of Husqvarna’s competitor brand Electrolux, but the company sold it to the former.
- PoulanPro has been the most acceptable chainsaw section of Husqvarna though it’s an American-originated brand. Husqvarna acquired it and made it a part in 2006; that was probably the best decision.
- Weed Eater, another important brand of Husqvarna (for trimmers), started its journey with Poulan, and its origin is also the USA. It was a part of different brands (Emerson Electric and Electrolux) over time, but now, it’s owned by Husqvarna.
- Flymo used to be a part of Electrolux, and it’s specialized in producing petrol-powered mowers; it’s now a part of Husqvarna.
- Jonsered is a Swedish manufacturer brand, which previously used to be with AB Asken & Electrolux. However, this ancient brand is now a section of Husqvarna and has been producing various outdoor equipment.
- Diamond Boart is another famous worldwide tool manufacturing brand; its global activities have made Husqvarna a leading brand.
- Redmax is another essential part of Husqvarna that produces different blowers, mowers, or chainsaws; each model contains unique features.
Therefore, you can say that the business is multinational, though it originated in Sweden whenever one asks where are Husqvarna chainsaws made.
Know More about Husqvarna Museum
As the longest-running brand in Sweden, Husqvarna established a memorial museum to showcase the heritage; it contains the products the company manufactured. You will surely enjoy visiting it because you will get to see the oldest versions or even those who are unavailable.
The industrial museum was inaugurated on 27 April 1993 in Sweden; it has the Swedish weapons and bikes used in the Championship. You can take your kids there; 1 pm at noon is the busiest time in the museum.
Husqvarna company took a great initiative, and it can be very inspiring for those who intend to make their business a heritage. However, the museum remains open from 10 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday; on the other hand, it remains open from 12 pm- 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Would You Like to Know about Husqvarna Viking?
The brand started producing sewing machines and got famous for excellent embroidery designs and accessories. The business is still running, but it’s not under Husqvarna now; SVP Worldwide now owns the segment.
The machines are perfect for both hobbyists and professional sewers; you should check the models if you want to buy one. The price range varies a lot due to models; for instance, the entry-level or beginner’s machines can cost only $600.
On the other hand, sophisticated models can cost up to $5,000; they are for industries, not personal usage.
Find out the Husqvarna Chainsaw History And Watch the Evolution
The company is marching as the top one because of the manufactured chainsaws; the American woodcutters are dependent much on them. You will see a continual change over the period if you research the chainsaw history; let’s have a brief discussion.
- Husqvarna-90 was the company’s first launched chainsaw; the model showed itself in 1959.
- Husqvarna-65 launched in 1966; it hasn’t selected for international trade fair and remained in domestic business.
- Husqvarna-180 was the first model traded internationally, but the 162 model was better and got famous in Sweden and Finland.
- In 1982, the brand’s first all-around or sophisticated chainsaw Husqvarna- 50 Rancher came to market.
- Husqvarna-262 XP was the first model from the XP-series launched in 30-countries; it had the air injection feature.
- Husqvarna-394 XP got launched in the USA and New Zealand in 1991; whereas, the 335XPT, invented in 1997, was the best tool for arborists.
- Lastly, the recently introduced model Husqvarna-576 XP is the most advanced and well-featured chainsaw the brand has.
Let’s see different nations’ contributions to manufacturing the branded tools to know where are Husqvarna chainsaws made.
The primary or maximum business operates from the brand’s original place, Sweden, but that’s not the only engaged country. In most of the products, you will notice a label that says either “ made in Sweden” or “made in the USA” because many sub-brands are working from America.
However, France and Germany have the Swedish brand’s subsidiaries too; the 2-nations also contribute a lot by manufacturing various parts. Much to your surprise, the Asian country China contributes equally to the USA because each has 6- Husqvarna factories.
Next, you should count Brazil because it also has a manufacturing plant and exports the parts worldwide, but don’t use the tag. However, if you want to differentiate through ownership, you have to keep Sweden, the USA, and China ahead; Norway or other European countries own a little (6%-8%).
Where Can You Buy Husqvarna Chainsaws?
After knowing the manufacturing places, you would surely like to know where to buy Husqvarna, especially the branded chainsaws. You will be surprised to learn that the machines made in the USA don’t remain in the region and sold globally.
Moreover, the manufactured item in any area is sent outside; sometimes, different parts come from various locations and they get combined. After that, the products are sold with the brand’s hologram and stays available in the market; you should trust massive Europe for Husqvarna.
40% of total chainsaw production occurs in the USA and China; a bulk amount of manufacturing is also there in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries. If you talk about continents, Europe and South America are the most reliable places to buy chainsaws from Husqvarna.
What if you’re overseas and need the chainsaws with splendid performance right now? Please don’t worry about it, and place your order on Amazon because the site can ship the products anywhere at a reasonable price.
Learn more by visiting the Husqvarna group.
Is Husqvarna Better Than Stihl Chainsaw?
- Stihl chainsaws are famous for the premium quality chains because it’s an essential part, and the overall performance depends on it. On the other hand, Husqvarna is famous for the power supply system it contains; the energy usage system is mind-blowing here.
- Stihl chainsaws are available or made in the USA and China, and it originated in Germany, though; the business is not as larger as its competitor. On the contrary, Husqvarna extended the company and made it multinational, including Europe, America, and Asia.
- You can consider Husqvarna and Stihl chainsaws equal if you measure through the manuals and features; both brands are cordial to their customers.
- Husqvarna and Stihl chainsaws are quite affordable; any person with a limited income can get one with moderate features, making them leading brands.
- Stihl chainsaws are easy to operate and user-friendly, but Husqvarna chainsaw is easy to start and stop besides lightweight.
You can state Husqvarna better than Stihl, sometimes considering those points above, but not always. The Swedish brand has some qualities, especially the chainsaws and lawnmowers made in Europe or America, bringing it business turnovers in billions.
Learn more about how to measure a chainsaw bar–Click here
FAQ:- Where Are Husqvarna Chainsaws Made?
What Country Makes Husqvarna?
Though the USA and China play a massive role in the production, Husqvarna chainsaw’s major manufacturing plants are still situated in Sweden. Therefore, whenever anyone searches on Google about who makes Husqvarna chainsaws, Sweden’s name comes forward.
Is Husqvarna Made in China?
Though the significant parts of Husqvarna items come from Europe and the nearest areas around, China has 6-factories of the brand; so, you can say that it’s made in China.
Which Is Better KTM or Husqvarna?
Husqvarna bikes and motors have been a part of the KTM group since 2013, and the production began in Austria immediately. KTM is the right choice for you if you prefer less dirt on a tire; on the other hand, you can choose Husqvarna if you carry a sporty spirit.
Is Husqvarna a Good Brand?
You shouldn’t doubt Husqvarna being a good brand because the company has been maintaining product quality in each sector for more than 3-centuries. Moreover, you will notice outstanding customer service from Husqvarna, making it the best chainsaw brand.
Whenever anyone asks you where are Husqvarna chainsaws made or other questions regarding the brand, you can tell them everything you know. The article will let you know about the leading brand and its activities; I hope you have thoroughly read it.
The Husqvarna chainsaws have been the best choice for both beginner and professional woodcutters; you may try other equipment from this brand. If you’re getting them online, you must check the models and their features to choose the suitable one for you.